Our principal goal is to protect and promote growth in the children and young adults. With this, we have established the following goals:
- To foster the development of each child through living in a healthy community that teaches freedom, respect and responsibility.
- To educate the whole child, taking responsibility for all areas of the child`s development: intellectual, spiritual, moral, emotional, social and physical.
- To provide technical job training that will allow them to learn a trade, thus helping them to become confident and independent working adults earning a fair wage.
- To foster and develop a close relationship and partnership with the parents and guardians.
Children and young adults between 3 and 17 years old live at "Ciudad de los Niños". Each child undergoes an initial evaluation by our social services department, and may be accepted under any of the following circumstances:
- Total abandonment (no parents or relatives).
- When the family is separated for various reasons.
- A single parent family unable to support the child.
- Severe economic circumstances as a result of the mother or father having an illness, or other serious problems that inhibits their ability to support the child.
- Children living in high-risk environments.